The airport’s Parking and Roadway Construction Project is entering a new phase with additional impacts to customers. This project, in conjunction with the Gateway Express Project* by the Florida Department of Transportation, impacts the airport’s customers. Please note the following key impacts for this phase of the project:
- Utility work along our Terminal curbside will close portions of our sidewalks in phases. Pick-up and drop-off of passengers will be impacted with changes to the normal traffic patterns within the airport roadways. Active loading and unloading curbside will be strictly enforced.
- Our Ground Transportation Lot reopens for Taxis, Hotel and Off-site Rental Car shuttles, and our Economy Parking Lot Shuttle.
- A new permanent entrance to Long-term parking is now open and will minimize traffic congestion in front of the terminal.
- PIE’s Short-term Parking Lot remains closed during this project phase.
- New ADA Parking open closer to Terminal.
- Please plan extra travel time to accommodate construction in and around the airport. We apologize for the inconvenience. Parking Lot shuttles may have longer wait and route times to get to/from economy parking lots to the terminal. Visitors are encouraged to use the cell phone lot for awaiting passenger pick-up or the long-term parking lot. For airport information, call 727-453-7800.
*For more info, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvDM_aKextg&t=9s