By KERRY KRISEMAN
Public Relations Manager
When flowers and candy won’t do for a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift, consider the gift options available at Creative Clay:
- Art from Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery – Sentimental, meaningful, and original, mothers will appreciate a handpicked piece by one of our Member Artists. Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery houses one of the largest collections of folk art in the Tampa Bay area, and is stocked with art of varied subjects, themes, sizes and mediums.
- Supporting local artists and businesses through gifting of art – There’s something for every budget, and shoppers are purchasing gifts that can’t be found anywhere else and supporting local artists. Creative Clay Member Artists earn 50% commission on all works sold.
- Unique gifts – Shoppers can also find handmade jewelry, ceramic pots, bird houses, coffee mugs, T-shirts with Creative Clay’s tag line, “Equality Through Art,” and cards.
The St. Petersburg non-profit also sells art via its virtual gallery on its website. Shoppers can conveniently shop from the comfort of their laptop or mobile phone. View current art available and shop in Creative Clay’s Virtual Gallery at www.creativeclay.org.
If the mother in your life just isn’t into art, or her walls are filled from top to bottom, consider gifting her a Good Folk Society membership, Creative Clay’s monthly or yearly giving program. Enroll Mom for as little as $10 per month, and she’ll enjoy a gift that lasts more than day and makes an impact on the lives of artists with disabilities.
All Good Folk Society members receive:
· A portrait drawn by a Creative Clay Member Artist
· 15% off all Good Folk Gallery purchases
· A “Good Folk” enamel pin
· A “Good Folk” sticker
Visit Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. See the St. Pete non-profit’s mission in action by meeting the artists, who love to talk with visitors about their art, and share inspiration behind a particular piece of art. See Creative Clay’s current exhibit, The Performing Arts, featuring paintings of performing artists, past and present, famous and popular, now through May 31 in Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery.
For more information, visit www.creativeclay.org. Get social with Creative Clay, and follow on Facebook, Instagram @creativeclaystpete, Twitter @creativeclay, and on LinkedIn.