By KERRY KRISEMAN
Public Relations Manager
The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the perfect time to spread the joy of giving by supporting Creative Clay, an art center for artists with disabilities since 1995.
Visitors to Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery will find unique holiday gifts and one of the largest collections of folk art in the Tampa Bay area. Every purchase makes a difference in the lives of talented individuals with disabilities, as they earn 50% off all sales.
Creative Clay’s mission is to help people with disabilities achieve full and inclusive lives by providing expressive, educational, and vocational experiences in the arts. To support this mission, Creative Clay creates equality through art by providing a safe and inclusive space for people with disabilities to create, market, and sell their art. A variety of special opportunities and offers is available to make holiday shopping meaningful:
- 25% off Sale in the Virtual Gallery: If you prefer to shop from the comfort of your home, Creative Clay has you covered. Creative Clay’s Good Folk Virtual Gallery is offering a 25% discount. Use the promo code HOLIDAY2023, from 12 a.m. Nov. 24 to 11:59 p.m. Dec. 22, and support equality through art. All orders are local and PICK UP only Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., through Dec. 22.
- Creative Clay’s online Good Folk Store also has a variety of fun merchandise created by its artists, such as cards, hats, t-shirts, and shoes. Items will arrive via Printful, and delivery times may vary, depending on item(s) and shipping address. From 12 a.m. Nov. 24 to 11:59 p.m. Dec. 22, use the promo code HOLIDAY2023 to receive 25% off all items in the Good Folk Store.
- Shop in person in the Good Folk Gallery: Don’t miss the chance to explore Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery in St. Petersburg’s Grand Central District. In addition to original folk art by Creative Clay’s Member Artists, the gallery also houses handmade cards, jewelry, mugs, ceramic planters, bird houses, and more. Original art is a one-of-a-kind present, and the pieces in Creative Clay’s Good Folk Gallery reflect the talent and creativity of the artists while adding a distinctive touch to your holiday gifts.
- Good Folk Society Memberships: This holiday season, consider supporting equality through art by joining the Good Folk Society, Creative Clay’s monthly giving program where members set the donation amount. Each membership comes with a portrait drawn by a Creative Clay artist, 15% off all Good Folk Gallery purchases, a “Good Folk” enamel pin, a “Good Folk” sticker, and a ”Support Equality Through Art” t-Shirt designed by Chad Mize. Good Folk Society donations directly support Creative Clay’s mission and allow members to become part of its vibrant community.
- Mug and Coffee Holiday Special: Warm up your winter with Creative Clay’s special holiday offer on mug and coffee sets. Creative Clay’s friends and partners at Black Crow Coffee Roasters have created a private label, 100% donated coffee called Good Folk Coffee. This special holiday offer includes a coffee mug designed by former Transition student artist James Beck and coffee by Black Crow Coffee Roasters. Only 30 are available. Whether you’re shopping for a cozy treat for yourself or a thoughtful gift for a loved one, these beautifully designed mugs and gourmet coffee options are sure to delight any recipient. Order the mug and coffee sets at www.creativeclay.org and pick up at Creative Clay, 1846 1st Ave. S, St. Pete, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., through Dec. 22.
When you shop at Creative Clay, you’re not just buying a gift; you’re supporting a mission to empower people with disabilities through the power of art. You’re helping to make our community a better place for all. Your purchases directly contribute to creating equality through art and a more inclusive community.
Let your giving spirit make a difference, this holiday season. Visit www.creativeclay.org to shop with heart this holiday season.
HOW TO SHOP at www.creativeclay.org:
- Shop for art under the GALLERY tab
- Shop Creative Clay’s Good Folk Store and find the mug and coffee sets under
the SHOP tab
- Join Creative Clay’s Good Folk Society under the SUPPORT tab
HOURS AND LOCATION:
Creative Clay and Good Folk Gallery hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and during 2nd Saturday ArtWalks. The next ArtWalk is Dec. 9, 5-9 p.m. The Good Folk Gallery will close for the holidays at 4 p.m., on Fri., Dec. 22, and reopen on Mon., Jan. 8. Creative Clay is located at 1846 1st Ave. S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712.