St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) expects its busiest holiday season ever this year. We want our passengers to enjoy a stress-free holiday and offer these tips.
• Arrange transportation to PIE – we expect all parking lots to reach full capacity
• Picking up passengers? Use our cell phone lot until your guests are ready with luggage at the curb. Curbside is for active loading and unloading only; NO curbside waiting allowed.
• Plan for heavy traffic in and around the airport
• Be aware we have construction activity and barricades in and around the airport roadways and parking lots; portions of our curbside are closed due to construction
• Arrive early (Airlines recommend 2 hours before domestic flights)
• Check with your airline for updated flight information
• Check with the TSA Website for prohibited items https://www.tsa.gov/travel
• Double check your carry-items for prohibited items
Due to our Parking & Roadway Construction Project, and our passenger growth, PIE has very limited parking as we expand our parking for the future*. We expect to reach full capacity in all parking lots over the holidays. Outbound passengers are strongly encouraged to arrange transportation to the airport as we cannot guarantee parking and do not want anyone to miss their flight.
Please allow ample travel time to the airport. The roadways in and around the airport are under construction. Shuttles operating to and from our Economy Parking Lots may experience delays due to traffic congestion or construction activity. For more information about parking, visit https://www.fly2pie.com/directions-parking/parking-information.
* PIE currently has 2,183 overnight parking spots in our Long-term, Economy, and Overflow lots. After the Parking & Roadway Construction Project is completed we will have 3,156 overnight parking spots.